A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

1990 1st Scuba Trip - CoCo View, Roatan, Honduras

At this point in my private practice I have a lot of clients with AIDS, and they are dying at a rate of one a month. The fragility of life strikes me, and although I don't have HIV, I am very aware of my own mortality. Carpe diem! I have always wanted to scuba dive, so I take lessons, get certified and convince my best friend Frank H. and Phil S. to go with me. I am blown away the first night on a snorkeling outing with flashlights. My god, its like an aquarium! Look at all those fish! This is a photo of Frank just before a shore dive.