A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

1986 to Present Scottish Deerhounds




My passion for Scottish Deerhounds began with Sadie, who had a "curly gene". She is pictured as a puppy. She was a sweet dog, but unfortunately had another genetic defect: a liver shunt which made her sick and she had to be put down before she was two years old. I am now on my seventh, Fraser, who is a cross between a deerhound and an Irish Wolfhound. These dogs are consistently gentle, even tempered companions whom I can take to the office and they don't bother my clients beyond a gracefully "hello". They are also so unusual that Fraser has his own calling card with FAQs on it, as I am always stopped and asked the same questions: "How old is he?", "How much does he weigh?" etc. Fraser is 36" at the shoulder, and taller than me when he stands on his hind legs -- which we discourage. Blue & Brie, litter mates, are pictured in the bottom photo. They were my companions after Sadie, but unfortunately these dogs being the size they are, don't have a long life span.