A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2024

JUNE 2024: WHIDBEY ISLAND, WASHINGTON

 


Most of my blog posts are about my travels around the world. I have been to 47 countries, done a dozen African safaris, visited with at least that many tribes, and been all over Asia as well. And yet it is so nice to come home. I live on Whidbey Island, which is NW of Seattle, up a gravel road with a pond out front, and surrounded by tall trees. There is plenty of wildlife in my backyard. I just took this photo yesterday. This fawn was just born, along with his twin. He's visited me several times and is experimenting with what is edible.  Deer inhabit a range of just a half to 3 square miles. I have 6-8 deer who visit me so regularly they all have names, and I've watched some of them grow up.