A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2020

JANUARY, 2020: NATIONAL WESTERN STOCK SHOW


Every year in Denver we host the National Western Stock Show, and it starts with a parade through downtown headed by a herd of thirty longhorn cattle:


I am still trying to get the perfect shot - which I don't believe this is. I got there an hour early and there was already a crowd several people deep. The cowboys also surrounded the herd.

I liked this shot, however because of the "Urban Farmer" sign in the background.








This, however, is my favorite Denver parade, reflecting our Western history and lingering culture.