A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

OCTOBER, 2015: ORLANDO FLORIDA


We were in Orlando for an APNA Conference (American Psychiatric Nurses Association) where Judy was presenting. This year my workshop proposal was not selected, but I went along. We came two days early and went to Disney World and Epcot Center. The third day, which Judy was in the Conference, I went to Universal Studios.

I found all of it very expensive. A neighbor of ours went around the same time with a family of four and estimated they spent $6-7,000 (including hotel, rental car, meals, and the cost of getting into the various parks).

I thought Disney World would be great if you were 4-7 years old. But it struck me as out of date, and not very interesting. The best of all the parks for me was at Universal Studios which had more updated technology to enhance the rides. Some made me have motion sickness, and some I wouldn't even attempt: the big roller coasters.

In all, it was mildly interesting but I don't need to go back.