A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

May 19, 2013: American Indian Pow Wow




I attended this Pow Wow at The Fort, in Conifer, Colorado. It was small enough that I could interact with the dancers. To my delight I met Tome, a Lakota Sioux who also happened to be just a few months older than I and a retired professor of Social Work. He was also a Ranger in Viet Nam and a LRRP (long range recon). A very interesting and complex character! He is someone I hope to get to know better. (His photo is on the right. He introduced me to Don, an attorney in Boulder who is also a Lakota Sioux. He is pictured above.



 
 
This boy in his Angry Birds t-shirt was quite facinated by the young girl dancer. He was oblivious to the fact he was staring, or that he was in the area where dancers were performing. He was just in awe!