A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2007

1998 Warwick & York England






A class reunion of my students from the year I taught at the School of Social Work at the Birmingham Polytechnic brought me once again to England. I combined this trip with a "roots" excursion into York and the surrounding towns looking for my ancestors. I visited the towns of Malton, Knapton, Hunmanby, and Rillington. My ancestors were throughout this area as yeomen (farmers), and a teacher. My direct ancestors immigrated to Rawdon, Quebec in 1820 where they established a homestead. Before going North I visited my favorite castle: Warwick and spent a day there.