A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

1974 to Present: Colorado Camping





Upon moving to Colorado I began what has been a long run of camping in the high country. This has included four wheel drive excursions, white water kayaking, and two different RV's. The first we bought in 1977, pictured here. I ended up leaving it all year round on BLM land for ten years. Near the end of that time it was vandalized twice, and then BLM requested I move it. By that time the tires needed to be replaced and I no longer owned a vehicle big enough to move it. I ended up giving it to someone who would haul it out. I then bought an Aliner, a popup, hardsided, triangular trailer. Also pictured here is a cabin owned by Jim S., a classmate of mine in photography school. One year I camped 30 days in one season, but I also was known to go up in the dead of winter with just my dogs.