A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

A Philosophy of Radical Aliveness

LIVE LARGE & LONG!


"Yesterday is already a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision; but today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope."

John Kerestes


Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

1950 Seattle, Washington


When I was five years old Gregory Peck starred in The Gunfighter, and like many boys my age, I was very enamored with everything cowboy --especially horses and guns. I would ride a broom stick horse, sketch horses, read about horses, and listen to radio dramas like The Lone Ranger.

Not yet in my awarenss is that the country is about to go to war with North Korea, and the McCarthy Hearings have just begun. And the life of a cowboy that I dream about, is something I'll later get a taste of, but it is largely a passing era.